Table Of Contents
- 0.1 Electrical Test and Tag North Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
- 0.2 What is Test & Tag?
- 0.3 Who needs to tag and test?
- 0.4 Which equipment is tested and tagged.
- 0.5 How often should appliances need to be tested and tagged?
- 0.6 What is a Portable Appliance Testing Device?
- 0.7 Why Get Test and Tag Services in Brisbane Northside and Sunshine Coast?
- 0.8 It is important that workplaces maintain and – regularly test their electrical equipment correctly to minimise:
- 0.9 Five Reasons to Choose On Electrical Contractors – Test and Tag Brisbane & Sunshine Coast For Your Next Service
- 1 Contact Us
- 2 0416 879 324
- 3 Our Service Areas
Electrical Test and Tag North Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
Our highly qualified and trained test and tag electricians will visually inspect all electrical appliances to find any damage. They can also perform rigorous electrical testing using a Portable Appliance Tester. This ensures that your equipment is in safe working order at all times. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your appliances and equipment are in good condition and that your customers and staff are safe from any electrical hazards.
What is Test & Tag?
The title Test and Tag refers to the method used to verify the safety of portable and stationary electrical appliances in homes, commercial and industrial applications.
It consists of two parts. The first is a visual inspection of the appliance for damage. The second is electrical testing with a Portable Appliance Tester.
After it has been examined and tested, the tag is attached to the item. It also identifies who tested it and the date.
Tagging and testing are done to ensure safety for employees who come in contact with appliances. It also reduces the chance of getting electrocuted.
AS/NZS3760 is an Australian Standard is national regulation that establishes guidelines and regulations in the test and tag industry. It concerns the safety of electrical appliances. It provides guidelines and recommendations for testing and tag intervals.
Who needs to tag and test?
Construction, demolition, and mining industries are required to test and tag their appliances every 3 months. Because of the harsh nature of the industry, equipment is more likely to be damaged faster. Every 3 months of testing will see a change in the test and tag colours. This means that certain months may coincide with a particular tag colour.
Testing and tagging are no longer required for workplaces due to the exclusion of these industries. However, employers have a duty to ensure the safety of their employees. This means that if an employee is injured by an unsafe or untested appliance, they can be held responsible. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that all portable electrical appliances are tested.
There are certain minimum requirements for individuals working in the rental industry. The equipment must be visually inspected by the hirer before it is let out. It is also necessary to test the appliance every three months. This responsibility falls on the hirer.
Which equipment is tested and tagged.
Any device with a flexible cable and a detachable connector that is not less than 50V (not exceeding) is considered to be low voltage. This includes extension leads, cord sets, and portable RCD’s.
Generally, electrical appliances are classified as:
- The class I – Earthed appliances (i.e. kettles, toasters, irons etc
- Class II – This class includes double insulated appliances. These are usually distinguished by a symbol (a square within another square) or the terms “Double Insulated,” i.e. Most electric tools (drills), and hair dryers.
- It is important to note that equipment does not need to be tested.
How often should appliances need to be tested and tagged?
Australian Standards recommend specific test and tag frequencies depending on the condition the appliance is kept in. This is displayed in the worksafe.qld.gov.au website here, which defines the minimum requirement. This may vary depending on the workplace’s individual risk assessment.
What is a Portable Appliance Testing Device?
The main piece of equipment that anyone using for testing or tagging is a portable appliance tester. Also known as a PAT tester, or PAT. This allows you to test an electric appliance to ensure its safety. You can also see the results of your tests.
To ensure that your appliances and electrical equipment work correctly, our electricians use the most up-to-date Test and Tag tools.
Why Get Test and Tag Services in Brisbane Northside and Sunshine Coast?
Most people use electrical equipment in their daily lives and at work. No matter where you work, whether you are in a shop, a trade, or in an office, there is a good chance that you will encounter electrical equipment of some kind. It is important that all electronic equipment in your workplace is regularly tested and tagged. Employers can be confident that they are conducting regular testing and tagging in Brisbane & Sunshine Coast.
- Protecting their staff is a way to uphold their duty of care
- Workplace safety: reducing the dangers
- Equipment maintenance
- Conforming to the AS/NZS3760 standards
It is important that workplaces maintain and – regularly test their electrical equipment correctly to minimise:
- Electrocution and electrical shocks – The shock can cause injury to the body or indirect injury. Being thrown off a ladder to the ground), or even death.
- Electric fires can cause loss of revenue or even death for businesses. However, electrical fires can also lead to explosions in flammable areas.
Five Reasons to Choose On Electrical Contractors – Test and Tag Brisbane & Sunshine Coast For Your Next Service
- Professionalism: Our technicians are all qualified, uniformed, and professional. All technicians have a current Police Clearance. On Electrical Contractors also have $20 million in Public Liability Insurance.
- The team is Experienced: On Electrical Contractors team is a veteran of the industry and has been serving QLD for over 30 years.
- Affordable Prices: We are aware of the importance of safety and services prices. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality services at an affordable price.
- Easy: Our team is here to help make the testing process as easy as possible. We provide full reporting to all businesses we serve, as well as customer advice and any services needed after the job is completed. We also contact them when the next service is due. Our clients can rest assured that we are there for them.
- Punctuality: We know the importance of time and strive to offer our clients a quick turnaround when booking their services. We will complete the service promptly once you have booked it. This will allow your business to continue as usual.