Table Of Contents
How Electrical Safety Inspections In Brisbane & The Sunshine Coast Benefit Your Safety and Assurance
When a switch fails or if there is an unexpected blackout, no one hesitates to call an electrician. Most workers are comfortable adapting to workplace safety regulations in their daily work.
Surprisingly most consumers do not have the same concerns for safety and health in their homes. They are reluctant to have their home safety inspected. It is not surprising that most house fires result from faulty wiring and overloaded circuits. It should be our human right to ensure that our homes and businesses are safe for our families, children, customers, and employees. We also need to protect our most valuable financial investment, our property.
These days, local governments and councils recommend home safety inspections. There is no reason to not have an electrician inspect your property. Let’s look at what happens during an inspection, and more importantly, why an electrical safety check is necessary.
A safety inspection of electrical equipment, circuits and devices include checking that they are not overloading. Potential problems and poor conditions can be easily identified so that electrical hazards in the installation can quickly be fixed.
Older houses and businesses may still have faulty bonding or earthing that has not been checked in many years. This could be a time bomb just waiting to explode.
Only licensed electricians can conduct safety inspections funded by the government. This ensures that you receive a thorough evaluation.
The electrical inspector will conduct a visual audit of the system and perform extensive tests using the power switch off. The results of the inspection will be provided, along with an analysis of its implications. After the tests have been completed, your system will be restored to its original condition.,
The report will typically include an assessment of the condition of your electrical system and recommendations for remedial work. The report will consist of a summary of the results of the tests and any defects discovered during testing. It also includes a list of items to be considered.
An electrical inspection is essential for safety reasons only. An inspection is necessary if:
- If your house or business is older than 25 years, or it has not been examined.
- Your property has old wiring.
- If equipment is older than five years, you may have concerns.
- Your property is being sold. This is a great selling point for potential buyers.
- Pre Purchase Electrical Safety Inspections
- Pre Sale Electrical Safety Inspections
- Pre Sale and Pre Purchase electrical inspections for Brisbane North and Sunshine Coast also have added benefits apart from the ones mentioned in this article, including increasing the value of your property and conforming with local and state government regulations and laws as outlined here: Electrical safety codes of practice and regulation.
A property inspection for electrical services can help you save money. This is because the inspection can also recommend replacing lightbulbs with more sustainable energy options and advice on other power-saving options.
Routine maintenance and electrical safety inspections are two ways to ensure that your wiring and other electrical components in your house or business work properly. An electrical safety inspection can help prevent injuries from happening and save you money on costly repairs.
Why do you need an electrical safety inspection?
Even if your electrical system doesn’t show any signs of failure, it doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have problems. Serious problems could pose serious safety risks and cause fires, electrocution, and even death.
Electricity is essential for our daily lives. It can be very frustrating to lose power. Oleada Electrical can detect warning signs of potential failure. An electrical safety inspection can help reduce your chance of failure.
There are additional reasons why you should have an inspection of your electrical safety:
- Old wiring may be an issue
- Your home is more than 25 years old
- If you have completed any DIY electrical work
What’s involved in an Electrical Safety Inspection?
Oleada Electrical provides electrical safety inspections for homeowners and businesses. We will inspect many components and devices during the inspection.
A safety inspection of an electrical system may include:
- Examine all outlets, switches, and lighting fixtures
- Examine electronic devices
- Assess for electrical hazards
- Test smoke alarms
- Permanent wiring should be visible or uncovered
- Verify that the wiring is not in good condition.
- Safety switches should be checked for malfunctions.
- Safety switches should be checked.
- Examine switch box
- Test lighting
- Power points to test
- Verify that wiring conforms to code
- Estimate the level of electrical service
Follow up Electrical Safety Inspection
After we’ve completed our inspection, we’ll let you know if there were any problems. Each problem will be addressed by our electricians. No matter how significant the problem is, we will help you. No job is too big or small.
Are you currently experiencing any electrical issues?
An electrical safety inspection should be performed if you experience any issues with electricity, such as power outages or flashing lights. Our electricians can identify any safety issues or deficiencies.
Our inspection will determine if any circuits or appliances are overloaded or have any defective work or earthing problems.
We can solve all your electrical problems.
We offer a complete range of electrical services for both residential and commercial customers. No job is too small or too large. Here are some services we offer:
- Electrical work in 1 and 3 phases
- 24-hour emergency electrical work
- Installation of appliances
- Ceiling fan installations
- Data cabling
- Electrical box upgrades
- Maintenance of the electrical system
- Safety inspections for electrical equipment
- Upgrades to electrical service
- Fibre Optics
- Installation of new circuits
- Renovations to your home
- Hot water system repairs
- Installation IXL – Bathroom lights and fans
- Kitchen appliance installation
- Installation of a new circuit
- Light and light switch installation and replacement
- Office renovations – making the area safe for other trades, fit-out new
- Installation and replacement of power points
- Existing electrical equipment
- Smoke alarm installation and testing
- Testing and fault finding/troubleshooting
- TV aerial point installation
Electrical safety inspections for residential, commercial and industrial need not be complicated. Whether it’s for a pre-sale, handover or pre-purchase inspection, On Electrical Contractors has you covered in Brisbane Northside and the Sunshine Coast. We can increase the value of your property and at the same time help you to comply with local and state electrical building codes and laws in Queensland.