Table Of Contents
- 1 Lighting Installation
- 2 What Kinds of Lights Are There?
- 3 What is the secret to their success?
- 4 What are the benefits and drawbacks of these options?
There are several things you should keep in mind when planning your lighting installation, whether at home or at work, in a shop or a warehouse. Plan in advance. You should research the cost of lights, energy efficiency and what type you require. This will allow you to save money and be able to predict what you will require.
When choosing industrial or commercial fixtures, there are many things you should consider. Consider the look and style you want. Many commercial and industrial fixtures can be ordered in many different finishes. There are many options for industrial lighting services. Before making any major decisions, it is important to be fully informed.
Hiring a qualified electrician is essential for properly installing lighting. A qualified electrician will be able to correctly install light fixtures so you get the best results. Although lighting installation can often be done in one day, many people prefer to hire an electrician that can complete the job over the weekend. Ask for references and find out how long they have been doing lighting installations. Also, make sure to verify the qualifications and references of the electrician.
After you have selected the fixtures you like, it is time to decide where they should be placed. People prefer to place light fixtures in an interior setting because they can control natural Light and avoid artificial lighting. There are many types of outdoor lighting fixtures. Seasonal factors will affect the location of outdoor lights. Winter is a good time to move your permanent fixtures out of your garage, patio, or yard. You can save energy by moving these items to the shed or garage until spring.
A professional installation service can be a benefit in many ways. Professionals will make sure that the job is done correctly. Also, the lighting fixtures will be installed in the most efficient way possible. Installation may involve lighting up the area, secure the area and changing the height and position of the lighting fixtures. From start to finish, the electrician will handle everything. Both residential and commercial customers can expect lights to be installed quickly and efficiently.
Lighting installation experts often work with the homeowner’s utility company. The electrician will meet with the homeowner to discuss the details before starting work. This covers any questions about wiring or appliances. The electrician will ensure that everything goes smoothly, from the initial installation to the final one. The electrician will often recommend the best place for the lighting fixture, and provide tips on how to maintain it after it has been installed.
The typical cost range: Ceiling lights and wall-mounted fixtures can vary in price from one homeowner to the next. The type of fixture, size and materials used to install the fixture will all impact the final cost. These products are usually priced by contractors and professional installers. It is also important to consider the average cost of electrical installation and service.
We can provide lighting solutions for any type of project, including commercial, industrial, or investment properties, as well as interior and exterior lighting. We can install any type of lighting system, including garden lighting, factory lighting, warehouse lighting, and shop fit-out lighting.
Call us today at 0416 879 324 to receive a quote for any Lighting Installations in the North Brisbane or Sunshine Coast Area.
What Kinds of Lights Are There?
When it comes to the range of lighting currently available on the market, it can be a pretty overwhelming sight to consider. There are many options for blue lights and red lights. They come in all sizes, from tall to short, as well as fluorescent, Halogen, Fluorescent, and even slimmer. This is before you even get to the completely new world of smart lighting.
We have compiled information about the various types of lights and their benefits, as well as how they work to help you overcome the daunting task of trying to figure out which type is best for you.
What are the different types of lights?
There are currently four types of light bulbs or lights on the market.
- CFL is short for compact fluorescent lamps.
- LED, or light-emitting diodes.
Incandescent Light bulb
The traditional incandescent globe is still the most popular. These bulbs aren’t as efficient as the newer models, and they are quite expensive to operate. This type of globe was phased out in 2009.
CFL Light bulb
CFL bulbs are also known as compact fluorescent lamps. They are more cost-effective and efficient than halogen and incandescent Light bulbs. The bulbs contain very little mercury.
Halogen Light bulb
The halogen Light bulbs are similar to incandescent bulbs but contain halogen gas which makes them more efficient. They can also last longer than incandescent bulbs.
LED light bulb
LED light bulbs, also called light-emitting diodes, are the most efficient and cost-effective lighting option available.
What is the secret to their success?
Depending on the internal structure of each light type, each one works differently.
- Incandescent Light Bulb: Firstly, an incandescent bulb is made by sending an electrical current through the tungsten filament (the small wire in a globe). It heats up when it turns on. The lumens are the units that make it glow brighter and more intense as it heats up. However, more energy means more wasted energy.
- CFL Light Bulb: The same method is used to create Light in fluorescent tubes and CFL lights. A tube containing mercury vapour is filled with an electric charge. The charge stimulates the vapour. The vapour releases UV light when it is excited. This then excites the phosphor lining. Excited phosphor = Light!
- Halogen Light Bulb: The halogen bulb works in the same manner as an incandescent, but it contains halogen gas. They are more efficient and cost-effective than incandescent bulbs and last longer.
- LED Light Bulb: An LED globe is a different option than all others. The electrons in an LED globe are stimulated to move faster by the electric charge that is transmitted through solid materials. This creates Light and produces less heat, which makes them more efficient and also cost-effective.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of these options?
Every type of Light has its positives and negatives, just as with all things. Below are some of the most important points.
Incandescent Light Bulbs
- The most common Light bulb lasts 100+ years.
- It is simple and inexpensive to make.
- Buy Cheap.
- Ideal for small areas.
- Made from non-toxic materials
- Inefficient to run, as most electrical energy is transformed into heat (not light).
- Don’t last very long.
- Not good to light large spaces.
- Ordinarily phased out except for speciality applications, e.g. oven lights.
CFL Light Bulbs
- More energy-efficient than incandescents and halogens.
- More cost-effective than incandescents and halogens.
- Produce very little heat.
- Highly adaptable.
- Can operate with dimmers.
- Cold temperature sensitive.
- Don’t last very long.
- Not advised for fixtures that are enclosed.
- Longer warm up time.
Halogen Light Bulbs
- More energy-efficient than incandescents.
- More cost-effective than incandescents.
- Quite inexpensive to buy.
- Clear, crisp light.
- Compact dimension.
- Inefficient to run.
- Don’t last very long.
- Operate hotter than incandescents.
- It may need a low voltage transformer.
LED Light Bulbs
- Most cost-effective option.
- Most energy-efficient option.
- Last for a long duration of time.
- Create little to no heat.
- Tiny in size.
- It can be voltage-sensitive.
- More costly than other options.
- Depend profoundly on the temperature around them to function properly.
- Do not provide spherical light distribution (not overly desirable for larger areas)
For the best lighting installation and fit-outs for homes, shops, offices, commercial and industrial solutions in Brisbane Northside, Moreton Bay and the Sunshine Coast, call us for a quote on your next project.